DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These hub motors would be good for an ev conversion on a small, light classic car such as classic mini cooper or fiat 500. My concept was to build a plug in hybrid, leaving the has engine in place on a 60's mini cooper.
The motors were set up and tested and opperate as expected.
$2400 new a few years ago.

Selling for $900 plus shipping or pick up from my home in San Francisco CA

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don’t see how that could mount to a standard rear car axle.

Also do you have the specific model numbers for the Kelly controllers and the hub motors?

A link to where you bought them would be helpful, I have no idea how much weight those could support, they look more like something for a trike or utility cart

Ah well

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t see how that could mount to a standard rear car axle.

Also do you have the specific model numbers for the Kelly controllers and the hub motors?

A link to where you bought them would be helpful, I have no idea how much weight those could support, they look more like something for a trike or utility cart

Ah well
Purchased from QS,
They still sell them , search qs car hub motor kit.
They are designed for a car.
They fit nicely into the rear trailing arm of a fwd car. The stubby axle goes through a hole drilled through the center line where the rear spindle previously protruded. Controller and hub model number listed in pics.
Regardless of best application/ use these hub motors and controllers are for sale.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
They are designed for a car.
They fit nicely into the rear trailing arm of a fwd car. The stubby axle goes through a hole drilled through the center line where the rear spindle previously protruded..
Since "a car" can mean many things, real specifications (such as axle load rating) would be required for a serious buyer.

Unfortunately for QS and their customers, there is no universal design for the rear suspension of front wheel drive cars, and there are probably none that these units would so trivially install into. It can be done, with substantial fabrication.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would love to buy them, but i think the shipping to mexico will be very expensive... do you recommend this item? what is the name of the company, there is a lot of "QS" companies in aliexpress. I want to convert my volkswagen beetle 1990 and i dont know what kind of motor to chosse bldc hub or ac 3 phase (replacing the combustion motor)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts