DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
You might consider an amp-hour counter rather than just looking at voltages. Of course voltages are important, but they don't give a great capacity indicator (especially, as you have learned, under load).
If you had a regular Leaf on hand you could use Leaf Spy to see how much sag Nissan is okay with. Or maybe someone over on the Leaf forums has done that already.

I don't know how the batteries are supposed to behave under load.
Tesla batteries sag like crazy (at 1500 amps). 2.7 per cell apparently: What is the 'voltage sag' at max amps ?
I had a terrible experience with Leaf batteries, but that's probably because I got them from an eBay seller and they delivered about 30Ah max (and some were less, causing unpredictable range).

Also, I missed the great announcement of your running car! Congrats!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Right, the Mini probably doesn't like the weight very much. Though the Leaf drivetrain would probably like more volts.
15KWh isn't much at all - even at 300Wh/mi you'll still need 100% to hit 50 miles.
Maybe throw a few modules up front to help with traction?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.