DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I managed to find a used forklift motor out of a Raymond forklift.
The drive motor was too far gone so I grabbed the hydraulic pump motor hoping it could work.
I want to use it to power a 4wd utility vehicle called a PUG.
The blown gas motor in the PUG was an old 16hp.
I tried getting more information on the FL motor off the Raymond site and a dealer, but they couldn't give me much more info.
Can anyone tell me if I can actually use this motor (it runs nicely when I put a 12V battery to it) and what amperage motor controller etc I'd need?
I've read through many forums and postings and can't find anything about this motor.
info on the motor
- P/N - 570 269/50??
- Model - P93-4006
- Volts - 36
- Serial/Date Code - 172
- UL File No - AU2500

Also see pix attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Major thanks for this, I really appreciate it.
It does have an internal spline shaft that I'll have to deal with...
The PUG has 2 speeds forward and one reverse but the good thing is that it's belt driven with a centrifical clutch. I can probably figure that part out.
The diameter of the motor body is 6-3/4".
I was hoping to keep it at 36 or 48 volts. I don't need a lot of run time/distance or speed. I just need it around the farm.
So when you say 150 -175 amps do you think a 200 amp controller would be appropriate?
How difficult would it be to change the direction?
Yes it is unidirectional - it didn't change direction when I swapped the + for -.
Again, I really appreciate your generous assistance.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Major, I've been able to figure out a bunch of things to get this project going. But in calculating the drive sprocket ratios/sizing I'm not sure what rpm range I should be using for the calculation (for the motor in my first post).
Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a bunch.
And nope - don't need higher voltage.
Somewhere in the 36- 48V.

You wouldn't happen to have used controller lying around would you?
Trying to keep this cheap...

All the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.