DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Average Joe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a Blade CX2 that struggles to keep up with me (I fly it around too fast and often get blade strikes, damn coax) then I have a CP Pro that I like to crash. The CP is a real pain to fly and I've heard that there are many, many better options for collective pitch helis but I haven't had the cash to dump into trying others. I would love a T-Rex 450 or 600 but that's $600-2000 to get into. I'm hopeful for the new E-Flite blade 400 which is very much like a T-Rex 450, only slightly smaller and comes with a DXM6 installed for only $400!

I'm really only interested in fully electric helis and am rather impressed with their capabilities using LiPo packs.

What's a piccolo?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The piccolo was one of the first small electric helis out there... Seems to me it's like 5 years old now. It's like 24" or so diam. Considered "tiny" at the time.

I like the blade CP. Nice machine.

Most of my interest is geared towards electric planes... They're definitely at the point now where they can outperform a gas plane at just about anything. Kind of reminds me of something else that runs on batteries... :D

·
Average Joe
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah, as soon as something LiPo-like comes up in safety and down in price, it'll happen. All the electric RCs are amazing now. I watched a video on youtube a while back where 2 guys were flying planes with oversized motors like helicopters. They could just hover them vertically.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Man, I could go on for ever on LiPos. They're awesome. Once they get cheap(er), they're going to rock the EV world! You could run a whole car on a LiPo pack the size of a big suitcase...

That and sensorless brushless motors...

Yeah, I tried that hovering thing... it's really cool. The closer you get to crashing, the more fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts