DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept

Michael,

I am with you, right now I am traveling 200 km a day, and 62 mph is
exactly 100 km/h, which is the local regulated speed in these parts,
unfortunately I would feel safer with a 300 km range for that kind of
commuting (and no plug on the other side), also 110 km/h would be a
little safer (by allowing me to mingle a little less with the heavy
transports).

But basically this is getting better, and with a little more progress
with be usable.

Michael Mohlere wrote:
> I realize that 62 mph is a problem for some commutes, however, I would
> be happier than a pig in "chocolate pudding" with same - that would
> cover 95% of my driving, and I'd have no problem puttering along at 62
> mph in the right hand lane if it meant that I never had to visit
> another gas station....I say "bring it"!! As previously noted by more
> than one post: a lot of talk, and no product (at any price). Even the
> wonderful tesla roadster hasn't seen production yet.....
>
>
>
> On 11/5/07, Cor van de Water <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> 62 allows for Freeway driving, with some restrictions.
>>
>>
>> Cor van de Water
>> Systems Architect
>> Proxim Wireless Corporation http://www.proxim.com
>> Email: [email protected] Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
>> Skype: cor_van_de_water IM: [email protected]
>> Tel: +1 408 542 5225 VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
>> Fax: +1 408 731 3675 eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
>> Second Life: www.secondlife.com/?u=3b42cb3f4ae249319edb487991c30acb
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steven **
>> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 5:41 PM
>> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
>> Subject: Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept
>>
>> That's cool. But from what I found, the top speed is about 62 mph.
>> What good is 100+ mile range if you can't drive at freeway speeds? I don't know about you, but I definitely don't go more than about 10 miles on roads with a speed limit less than 70.
>>
>> -Steven
>>
>> On 11/3/07, Paul Wujek <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Still just a concept, but it's getting better, 200km range on lithium:
>>>
>>> http://www.gizmag.com/go/8281/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paul Wujek ([email protected])
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> For subscription options, see
>> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> For subscription options, see
>> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
Paul Wujek ([email protected])

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept

I couldn't find any reference to that number while searching for
articles on this vehicle. Since it has a 65kW drive train it should be
capable of more unless it governed to 62 mph (100km/h), which seems
silly.



Peter VanDerWal <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm thinking that 62 mph doesn't sound like a number selected as a
> electronically governed limit, so it's probably a power limited speed.
>
> So it can probably only hit 62 on a long straight flat area, and probably
> takes a while to get there. Probably can't get reach 62 with any kind of
> hill.
>
>
> > I realize that 62 mph is a problem for some commutes, however, I would
> > be happier than a pig in "chocolate pudding" with same - that would
> > cover 95% of my driving, and I'd have no problem puttering along at 62
> > mph in the right hand lane if it meant that I never had to visit
> > another gas station....I say "bring it"!! As previously noted by more
> > than one post: a lot of talk, and no product (at any price). Even the
> > wonderful tesla roadster hasn't seen production yet.....
> >
> >
> >
> > On 11/5/07, Cor van de Water <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> 62 allows for Freeway driving, with some restrictions.
> >>
> >>
> >> Cor van de Water
> >> Systems Architect
> >> Proxim Wireless Corporation http://www.proxim.com
> >> Email: [email protected] Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
> >> Skype: cor_van_de_water IM: [email protected]
> >> Tel: +1 408 542 5225 VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
> >> Fax: +1 408 731 3675 eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
> >> Second Life: www.secondlife.com/?u=3b42cb3f4ae249319edb487991c30acb
> >>
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> >> Behalf Of Steven **
> >> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 5:41 PM
> >> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
> >> Subject: Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on
> >> itselectric car concept
> >>
> >> That's cool. But from what I found, the top speed is about 62 mph.
> >> What good is 100+ mile range if you can't drive at freeway speeds? I
> >> don't know about you, but I definitely don't go more than about 10 miles
> >> on roads with a speed limit less than 70.
> >>
> >> -Steven
> >>
> >> On 11/3/07, Paul Wujek <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> > Still just a concept, but it's getting better, 200km range on lithium:
> >> >
> >> > http://www.gizmag.com/go/8281/
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > Paul Wujek ([email protected])
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> For subscription options, see
> >> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> For subscription options, see
> >> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >>
> >
> >
> > --
> > Michael Mohlere
> > My EV: http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/296.html
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > For subscription options, see
> > http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >
>
>
> --
> If you send email to me, or the EVDL, that has > 4 lines of legalistic
> junk at the end; then you are specifically authorizing me to do whatever I
> wish with the message. By posting the message you agree that your long
> legalistic signature is void.
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>



--
www.electric-lemon.com

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept

Dooh! Disregard my previous post, I forgot most of the world has changed
to metric.

> Michael,
>
> I am with you, right now I am traveling 200 km a day, and 62 mph is
> exactly 100 km/h, which is the local regulated speed in these parts,
> unfortunately I would feel safer with a 300 km range for that kind of
> commuting (and no plug on the other side), also 110 km/h would be a
> little safer (by allowing me to mingle a little less with the heavy
> transports).
>
> But basically this is getting better, and with a little more progress
> with be usable.
>
> Michael Mohlere wrote:
>> I realize that 62 mph is a problem for some commutes, however, I would
>> be happier than a pig in "chocolate pudding" with same - that would
>> cover 95% of my driving, and I'd have no problem puttering along at 62
>> mph in the right hand lane if it meant that I never had to visit
>> another gas station....I say "bring it"!! As previously noted by more
>> than one post: a lot of talk, and no product (at any price). Even the
>> wonderful tesla roadster hasn't seen production yet.....
>>
>>
>>
>> On 11/5/07, Cor van de Water <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> 62 allows for Freeway driving, with some restrictions.
>>>
>>>
>>> Cor van de Water
>>> Systems Architect
>>> Proxim Wireless Corporation http://www.proxim.com
>>> Email: [email protected] Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
>>> Skype: cor_van_de_water IM: [email protected]
>>> Tel: +1 408 542 5225 VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
>>> Fax: +1 408 731 3675 eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
>>> Second Life: www.secondlife.com/?u=3b42cb3f4ae249319edb487991c30acb
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
>>> Behalf Of Steven **
>>> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 5:41 PM
>>> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
>>> Subject: Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on
>>> itselectric car concept
>>>
>>> That's cool. But from what I found, the top speed is about 62 mph.
>>> What good is 100+ mile range if you can't drive at freeway speeds? I
>>> don't know about you, but I definitely don't go more than about 10
>>> miles on roads with a speed limit less than 70.
>>>
>>> -Steven
>>>
>>> On 11/3/07, Paul Wujek <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Still just a concept, but it's getting better, 200km range on lithium:
>>>>
>>>> http://www.gizmag.com/go/8281/
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Paul Wujek ([email protected])
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> For subscription options, see
>>> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> For subscription options, see
>>> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Paul Wujek ([email protected])
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>


--
If you send email to me, or the EVDL, that has > 4 lines of legalistic
junk at the end; then you are specifically authorizing me to do whatever I
wish with the message. By posting the message you agree that your long
legalistic signature is void.

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept

On 6 Nov 2007 at 18:37, Peter VanDerWal wrote:

> I'm thinking that 62 mph doesn't sound like a number selected as a
> electronically governed limit, so it's probably a power limited speed.

Sixty-two mph is 100km/h, isn't it?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
EVDL Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not
reach me. To send a private message, please obtain my
email address from the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: [EVDL] article: Subaru doubles the battery range on itselectric car concept

Yes, 62mph is also the governed speed on my France built EV.
It's also pretty much power limited to that speed anyway but down a
steep hill you notice it regenerating hard to prevent over-revving the
motor!

Dominant <[email protected]> wrote:
> But it is 100kmh. Japan uses the Metric system, so limiting speed to
> a nice round figure like that makes sense, given that the maximum
> speed in Japan is 100kmh (and only then on divided national highways).
>
> At 11:37 AM 7/11/2007, you wrote:
> >I'm thinking that 62 mph doesn't sound like a number selected as a
> >electronically governed limit, so it's probably a power limited speed.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top