DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53

Well Ken if you really don't like the idea of Bill being nominated for the
Darwin Award(Honorable Mention) you can always go to the slush pile and vote
against it. http://darwinawards.com/slush/new/pending20070914-012422.html
However it has the most votes in the Slush Pile and is on its way for
inclusion(with 87% positive) of Bill as an Honorable Mention. It's a fact
that it happened. It's clear from the video what happened. The Darwin
people love it. Yes I did feel a little ashamed after I did it but be that
as it may Bills accident is classic Darwin. Lawrence Rhodes.......
Message: 24
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:23:54 EDT
From:
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Reaction time (was: Bill Dube nominated for

And while I'm at it, this Darwin award thing is just about as low as
anything I have seen.

Shame on this thread!

I'll probably regret this rant but right now I am just too steamed to care.

Just my two amps worth,

Ken


_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53

> On Behalf Of Lawrence Rhodes
> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 2:30 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53
>
> Well Ken if you really don't like the idea of Bill being nominated for
> the
> Darwin Award(Honorable Mention) you can always go to the slush pile and
> vote
> against it.
> http://darwinawards.com/slush/new/pending20070914-012422.html
> However it has the most votes in the Slush Pile and is on its way for
> inclusion(with 87% positive) of Bill as an Honorable Mention. It's a
> fact
> that it happened. It's clear from the video what happened. The Darwin
> people love it. Yes I did feel a little ashamed after I did it but be
> that
> as it may Bills accident is classic Darwin. Lawrence Rhodes.......

I completely disagree that it was "classic Darwin".

Darwin is all about dumb-phukkers doing exactly as you would predict they'd do and getting bit by their stupid self.

Bill is in no way a dumb-phukker, and no-one would have ever predicted that *he* would have attempted such a dumb-phukker act.


--
Stay Charged!
Hump
G.E. I-5, Blossvale NY

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53

Tim, I agree, it's not like he got drunk with his buddy and decided to
trim his hedge with the riding lawnmower (cut their fingers off..)
He was riding a well-engineered machine and did as it was designed to do
- accelerate very rapidly! I'm not usually the guy to say so, but it
sounds like it being electric has got a lot of people talking about it more.
--
Martin K

Tim Humphrey wrote:

>
> I completely disagree that it was "classic Darwin".
>
> Darwin is all about dumb-phukkers doing exactly as you would predict they'd do and getting bit by their stupid self.
>
> Bill is in no way a dumb-phukker, and no-one would have ever predicted that *he* would have attempted such a dumb-phukker act.
>
>
> --
> Stay Charged!
> Hump
> G.E. I-5, Blossvale NY
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53

There's no such thing about bad press.

OK, if it had been a story tied to a vehicle being tragically
underpowered, that could be bad.
Being a story about electricity being too much for him to handle is
typically a good thing, unless you read it as "guy was so dumb he
couldn't even handle a Power Wheels kid's toy without hurting himself".
The circumstances do show enough about just how powerful it was to
probably point to the first case fortunately.

Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Klingensmith <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <[email protected]>

> Tim, I agree, it's not like he got drunk with his buddy and decided to
> trim his hedge with the riding lawnmower (cut their fingers off..)
> He was riding a well-engineered machine and did as it was designed
> to do
> - accelerate very rapidly! I'm not usually the guy to say so, but it
> sounds like it being electric has got a lot of people talking about
> it more.
> --
> Martin K
>
> Tim Humphrey wrote:
>
> >
> > I completely disagree that it was "classic Darwin".
> >
> > Darwin is all about dumb-phukkers doing exactly as you would
> predict they'd do and getting bit by their stupid self.
> >
> > Bill is in no way a dumb-phukker, and no-one would have ever
> predicted that *he* would have attempted such a dumb-phukker act.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Stay Charged!
> > Hump
> > G.E. I-5, Blossvale NY
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > For subscription options, see
> > http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top