DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How unusual! A business executive smoking pot(legally).If he was snorting coke that would be newsworthy, but it's hardly news in a state which has legalised pot. Is there a hidden agenda here?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
When was the last time you saw a CEO - particularly one who is already well-known for bizarre behaviour - smoking pot in a TV show... legally or not? It just reinforces the common observation that Musk has serious judgement problems.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I think he's playing games...
That's possible. The whole "going private" crap was either extremely stupid (from someone who is supposed to be brilliant), or an obvious stock manipulation scheme presented in a way which was supposed to escape securities violation charges.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When was the last time you saw a CEO - particularly one who is already well-known for bizarre behaviour - smoking pot in a TV show... legally or not? It just reinforces the common observation that Musk has serious judgement problems.
Publiclly admitting or practicing cannabis ingestion is not as taboo as it once was. It seems that admitting usage (visually or verbally) comes at a low cost, if any. Here are some other notable public admissions:
Barack Obama
Bill Clinton
Richard Dawkins
Steve Jobs
Mark Cuban
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I think Elon's single puff could be a strategic move in a state where going 'green' is trendy and a majority of Tesla sales take place. Perhaps it demonstrates that the CEO of a company, having just released its high volume vehicle, is relatable.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Admitting having used a drug at some point and using it during an interview are two very different things. Even if everyone used marijuana (which is very far from true), for someone who is in trouble for erratic behaviour and poor judgement to do it during an interview shows poor judgement.

The idea that the CEO of a corporation - even one that sells a mass-market product - needs to be "relatable" to the average weed smoker seems ridiculous to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts