DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an adapter plate from Rebirth Auto years ago in 2011 for my Kostov Motor. The motor I used had a larger shaft and Rebirth Auto put in a new connector for the motor shaft to accommodate the larger shaft and also drilled a few extra holes for the different mount points. I want to utilize this adapter again with the standard VW and the standard shaft and mount points most of the DC motors and AC motors have that will just bolt directly. Is there anyone out there that has or knows where to get a new center piece for this adapter. I have the bearings and such and only need the center piece that fits into the bearings. This will allow me to utilize this in a new project down the road.

Pete :)

Pictures of the adapter if you have forgotten what they look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the answer I needed. I can utilize the interference fit coupler provided by evwest.com if I remove the bearings and coupler that are already in the adapter. This will allow for the proper offset and plenty of room to use the new style coupler. New coupler to be ordered soon. Need to see if I can put in a custom built 9" DC motor that was built by Jim Husted. Its still new and works perfect. Just a different bolt pattern than the standard warp motors or HPEVS motors. This will be the new motor that goes into the Red Roadster. This one has a built in fan and can handle plenty of voltage and current. I still plan on using this at 192 volts and 950 amps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
are you planning on using the flyweel? if you cant get what you are looking for you can always set it up CLUTCHLESS.... we have been converting for over 25 years here in FLA and know Rebirth.. good people... go to my page and connect and I can try to help you.. Greenshedconversions.com

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Steve,

I always do clutch. Just my thing. I have what I need now to utilize that adapter. Going to use the interference fit Porsche 200mm flywheel coupler from EVWEST and a 200mm Porsche pressure plate and a stage II pressure plate and semi race clutch disc like I have for my Bus.

My Red VW Roadster will be getting either the OLD 9" GE Series motor original built for the VW Bradley GT II E. For a great DC motor that motor is hard to beat. Or I will utilize a 9" motor that Jim Hosted custom built and was originally used in 70's BMW 2002 but that project was put on hold. That adapter plate is pretty useless for my adapter but maybe the bolt hole pattern will actually help ensure I have a properly setup bolt pattern. I can use pretty much.

I'll go check out your website.

Pete :)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were at at least a couple of the EV Conventions in Missouri if I remember. I was able to make one. My son the second. None since then. A few projects on the table. 3 conversions already. VW Ghia, 77 MG Midget, 62 VW Open Top Roadster, Awaiting a new motor setup. I ditched the Kostov Motor. Let someone else use it.

·
Administrator
6,117 Posts
are you planning on using the flyweel? if you cant get what you are looking for you can always set it up CLUTCHLESS.... we have been converting for over 25 years here in FLA and know Rebirth.. good people... go to my page and connect and I can try to help you.. Greenshedconversions.com
Hi Steve
Can you please restrict blatant marketing to the classifieds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts