DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a rectifier diode module and what are they used to power or control? I have a bunch of stuff from our old 1996 C-Arm Fluorscope Room that was dismantled and trashed. All the electronic components were working just fine but the video parts of the system were so degraded that they decided to ditch the whole thing. Not worth fixing either. Cheaper to buy another. Much of the copper will be recycled for the hospital but the electronics I have at home. Much is ac but some is dc. The inverters (two) look strange to me but many of the boxes have these rectifier diodes. I will be posting some photos of parts to see if parts are usable for building a controller or for others who need parts and want cheap but high quality parts.

Anyway this is my first question about the diodes.
Are these IGBT's?
What are these coils? What do they do? How are they used?

http://greenev.zapto.org/electric

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are they used and what would the coil filter? Noise?

Pete :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will agree knowing what it was in prior to removal. The other side of the board says filter too. Interesting thing is that the other side of the board had some bad components and it may have been the problem with the machine all along. It would suck that it was torn out for such a small issue. They were just tired of trying to troubleshoot and fix the damn thing. Lousy imaging and if the filter was not working then the image problem could have been lots of noise interference making crappy images. We need good quality images for medical purposes.

I am going to let them know about what I found in one of the boxes that was removed. The thing worked but crappy images. $200,000 machine ditched because of a bad filter. I don't put to much faith into the techs that come out to service these things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts