DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have an HVH250 Remy motor installed in my Vtrux chevy 2500 express van.
The vehicle is a series PHEV, I would like to convert to all EV, not my first rodeo.
I don't know the motor controllers CAN signals so I'm checking to see if anyone know if there are other options for motor controllers that have already ben decoded?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, You should be able to use anything from Cascadia Motion formerly know as Reinhart Motion Controls. Or a John Deere PD300/400 should work. Ill bet really anything could drive the HVH250 its just a hairpin Ipm nothing unusual about it.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
current controller is Dana TM4 C0150, don't have schematic or can controls for it
It doesn't matter, but it seems a little strange that they used a controller from Dana TM4 who only sells controllers to enable potential customers to use TM4 motors... but used it with a BorgWarner (formerly Remy) motor.

By the way, the name appears to be CO150 (with the letter "O"), rather than C0150 (with the digit "0")... it matters to online searching. It currently comes in regular (320-450 V input and max 615 ARMS output) and high-voltage (500-750 V input and max 425 ARMS output) versions, so it's not clear what the truck's battery voltage is likely to be.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
There's a press release with Dana bragging about the inverter being used in Vtrux.

No idea where you're going with all this, Brian...he's looking for a VCU to control the inverter that's already in the truck - the DANA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts