DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am using the modules from a 22kWh Zoe battery for my conversion, and was wondering if anyone had ever re-purposed the BMS (or "Computer" as it is called by Renault) from a Zoe pack.

I imagine communicating/interfacing with the computer is (very very) difficult, but would love to lean more about it before ruling out the option of reusing. My project will use the LG Chem modules in 3p4s configuration, giving cells in 6p32s configuration opposed to the original set up which had the modules in series, giving 2p96s.

Many thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a zoe BMS. I am currently using it to repurpose a Zoe drive train. My aim is to work though the can messages and wiring and then use it to manage some Bmw PHEV modules.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a zoe BMS. I am currently using it to repurpose a Zoe drive train. My aim is to work though the can messages and wiring and then use it to manage some Bmw PHEV modules.
Hi, I am currently onto a very similar undertaking and plan on recording some can dumps during the next weeks. Have you already recorded some can logs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi , I have a working Zoe to do some can logs in the coming weeks , best source of info I found is here:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I am currently onto a very similar undertaking and plan on recording some can dumps during the next weeks. Have you already recorded some can logs?
I do not know how to work with CAN like this, and so have not got any data. I look forward to seeing what you both find. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts