DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start up a Battery Leasing Business. Hey it works for new tires/wheels .

I was driving thru downtown and upon seeing a shop I have noticed before who is obviously doing well, SOMETHING CLICKED, That very successful business RENTS Wheels and sells tires to fit The really Fancy 18 to 26 inch diameter rims which fit the thin but wide tires popular today.

And I said to myself,"Why just let car dealers lease the batteries for the new or existing EVs?" We don't limit only Dealers to brake work or tire sales. This would be for the second or future replacement pack of course.

We need someone to start up "RENT YOUR PACK" (Or other suitable name...) for EV batteries, Not much money as a down payment, just a small Labor fee and BMS sale and NEW batteries are installed in your EV.

Of course a GOOD "BMS" must be included and a lien on the auto title to secure the contract then the EV Owner only pays a small rent monthly and after a "Rent to Own" period of a specified number of months during which the battery pack is warranted to provide good service, then the lien is lifted from the title and no more rental payments, after that you can continue to use the pack for the remaining life and eventually buy a new pack or rent again.

If you want to sell the EV during the rental time, a contract clause would stipulate paying off the pack or transferring the lease. Many other details would need to be addressed for which I suggest contacting an attorney and a good accountant.

But for the Entrepreneur, this might be the business of a lifetime, and the first one successful will make a great model for Franchising.

Do you need an EV related Career?? And HEY you EV dealers of batteries add to your business by eliminating "Sticker Shock" for a new Pack of Lithium Phosphates. Or an added range "Extra Pack" for the plug in Hybrids.

This is one of the many types of Support Businesses for EVs the world will need and SOON! It takes a year to organize and become established, Now is the time to get started to open for next fall.

I claim no rights to this idea so if it interests you, make it your own, I feel it could help the proliferation of Electric Vehicles and that is my only interest

·
Registered
445 Posts
The only thing I could think would be wrong with that idea would be the renters running the pack down to 0. There would need to be something in place to not let this happen. Computer control to cut off the pack and some way let the driver know the pack was ready to die, even it was only at, say, 80%.

Than the problem of a standardized battery pack that would fit every car.

Kathleen, FL.? I drive by the Kathleen exit on I-4 every day going to work on north 98.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Another problem is you need one size battery pack to fit a Government Motors (GM) vehicle.That is not going to happen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Then the problem of a standardized battery pack that would fit every car.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another problem is you need one size battery pack to fit a Government Motors (GM) vehicle.That is not going to happen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consider, auto tires and wheels are different for different makes and models. In my humble opinion any "Qualified" retailer will be able to provide packs to fit MANY makes and models, even if it means build a suitable box and fill it with cells and spacers as needed to make a suitable unit. Entrepreneurs, will find a way, Consumers will pay the price.

Also a Good Smart B M S will need to protect the pack from overcharge and over discharge too. Hey, the Production EV and Hybrids from Ford and Toyora already do that !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paker, Kathleen, FL.? I drive by the Kathleen exit on I-4 every day going to work on north 98.

SMALL WORLD ISN'T IT ?

Perhaps we could visit "Face to Face" sometime.

I have a lot of "Flexable Time" until the Start-up Finances come thru for the School...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts