DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Repairing a Chinese Power Supply

3058 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Coulomb
Hi all, I wasn't quite sure where to post this thread as I am a newbie and are still trying to workout the forum, so sorry to the moderators in advance for this. My power supply had a minor fizz and i was after a bit of help in identifying the part? I think it's a resistor marked "R5" on the board and has a code 47XX? see pics attached. The XX part of the code has been burnt away? I tried contacting the company via aliexpress but all of a sudden a repair enquiry gets a cold shoulder! Go Figure!! Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,956 Posts
It looks like either a 47R8 or 47R0, which is resistor code for a 47.8 or 47.0 Ohm device, the wattage or power rating is determined by the size (length by width) of the package. Not sure why such a precision value would be needed, 47 is the standard value in most resistor series.

Sometimes a schematic is included in the users manual if one exists for that power supply, and the value for R5 might be listed there.

Good luck with the repairs.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
It looks to me that R2 is the same value; you could read that code and/or measure that value. Whatever R5 does for one transistor, it appears that R2 does the same for the other. It appears to be 0805 size (80 x 50 thou).

It seems likely to me that a semiconductor failed, and that's what burned out R5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.