DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
People still vote for them. I used to think most people would eventually figure it out, but is seems like rather then admit they were dupped, they just get more and more angry at what ever it is they think they are supposed to be angry at.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, after a two year hiatus of complete democratic control, those evil oil companies have their welfare checks backs? Or did they ever lose them?

My guess is the later.

This is why ALL subsidies are bad. They give the republicrat whores in DC power.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Oil is a currency like gold and until it returns to a simple commodity status, we and the politicians are only pawns of a greater scheme of skulduggery. The oil industry has been subsidized for over 100 years! Let us do this with alternative energies to save our economy and create jobs here, not in the Arab nations.
It will not change into a commodity until we lose our addiction and drive EVs but it will take subsidies to accomplish.
Here is the book that makes it clear:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/222256/turning-oil-salt/r-james-woolsey

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
The idea that there are oil subsidies is a Liberal talking point, and a joke.

Oil is more heavily taxed than anything except tobacco and alcohol. All these programs do is to return some of the money taken from oil companies in the first place.

A subsidy is something that supports a non-viable business. These aren't subsidies, they are coercive bribes - take away with one hand, dictate with bribes with the other hand, to do things the oil companies would not choose to do on their own.

I agree they should all be eliminated, but we should stop calling them subsidies. They are being bribed / coerced with their own money.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I have read, and researched what the NY Times political hacks write. It is pure fabrication to suggest that the oil companies are "subsidized," no matter what shell games they play with where they take the money and how they give it back.

'nuff for this area of the forum, if you wish to pursue this line of discussion we should move it to chit chat. I only responded because the OP posted this as "News" when it is in fact Chit Chat / opinion.

·
Registered
714 Posts
This is fact not chit chat!
Your opinions could be considered chit chat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The idea that there are oil subsidies is a Liberal talking point, and a joke.

Oil is more heavily taxed than anything except tobacco and alcohol. All these programs do is to return some of the money taken from oil companies in the first place.
CITATION NEEDED! Care to post some proof that what you say is actually reality?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have read, and researched what the NY Times political hacks write. It is pure fabrication to suggest that the oil companies are "subsidized," no matter what shell games they play with where they take the money and how they give it back.

'nuff for this area of the forum, if you wish to pursue this line of discussion we should move it to chit chat. I only responded because the OP posted this as "News" when it is in fact Chit Chat / opinion.
STILL waiting on ANY kind of verifiable evidence to support your posts here...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised this is going downhill. Tone it down or this gets locked.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Can't say I'm surprised this is going downhill. Tone it down or this gets locked.
Hey David,

My intent in posting this thread was to illustrate with the facts from the latest news (supported by links) to prove that there are indeed a huge amount of oil subsidies handed out by the U.S. government, despite the denials of that fact on this forum buy some members. And I ask for verifiable information to support what people claim, because otherwise anyone can claim anything.

My apologies if I have posted anything that was too incindiary.

Matt

·
Registered
714 Posts
There is a lot of denial involved with oil addiction.
Every time that I mention to my muscle car friends that battery technology will make it possible for EVs to come into play, they consider that blasphemous and say that they will have to pry my dead hands from my muscle car steering wheel! So, the beat goes on!

·
Registered
626 Posts
There is a lot of denial involved with oil addiction.
Every time that I mention to my muscle car friends that battery technology will make it possible for EVs to come into play, they consider that blasphemous and say that they will have to pry my dead hands from my muscle car steering wheel! So, the beat goes on!
I love muscle cars and the sound and power that goes with them........but, a big series dc electric motor makes the low end torque a musclecar fan wants. All that is missing is the sound of the v8.........

Oh wait a minute, electronics to the rescue....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
However it may have started, this is a political discussion now so I'm moving it to the chit - chat forum. With a title like the one that was chosen, and the link that was offered, I don't think this really belongs in the EV news section which is generally a non partisan, somewhat objective zone.

One thing I am getting fed up with, is how quick members are to swap barbs on almost any topic lately.

There have been several threads on a surprisingly broad range of topics that we have been forced to lock lately because people are simply taking their own opinions and that of others, far too seriously. If you can't fight nice on this forum, then take it somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts