DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. I'm installing my albright sw205 primary and secondary switches. The manual suggests installing a resistor in-line with the contactors to decrease arcing and wear on the contactors. I'm 120v dc, I don't know If I'm doing the math right but I come up with a 5watt, 250 ohm resistor. Interestingly enough, these are used items and I got the manual shipped with them ,and they were reportedly used for two years without resistors in place. . there is a small amount of arc residual on the primary side (+) and almost none on the secondary (-) side. Anyone with experience and advice on these switches? thanks

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
hi guys. I'm installing my albright sw205 primary and secondary switches. The manual suggests installing a resistor in-line with the contactors to decrease arcing and wear on the contactors. I'm 120v dc, I don't know If I'm doing the math right but I come up with a 5watt, 250 ohm resistor. Interestingly enough, these are used items and I got the manual shipped with them ,and they were reportedly used for two years without resistors in place. . there is a small amount of arc residual on the primary side (+) and almost none on the secondary (-) side. Anyone with experience and advice on these switches? thanks
Hi -ace,

I have used these. Just looked at this http://www.tecknowledgey.com/pdf/sw200series.pdf I see no mention of "resistor in-line". Don't quite know what you're talkin' about. Can you post up a link or scan of that manual? Isn't the precharge resistor, is it?

major

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry Major, my EV-lingo sucks!! I'm at work and trying to wing it, actually I think the term IS precharge resistor. I will review the lit. this evening and RSVP thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.