DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to resize a photo hosted on another site and inserted into a post here via a link? I'd rather not download, resize, and upload to here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Code:
[img=50x50]http://www.php.net/gifs/php_logo.gif[/img]   (Resized Image)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Thanks much for the reply but I had already tried that without any success. But I'll try it again and be VERY careful to follow your sample. BTW, the "resize image" in paren to the right is not required, correct?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried the following and it produced no photo in the preview window. Can you spot what I am doing wrong?

[img=225x169]https://hotrodjalopy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/kawa-2.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lottos,

I'm not seeing any images with either your test post or my test post, just the code. Do I need to flip some switch to see images this way?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like standard BB code doesn't work or has been disabled for image resizing on this forum.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Odd, thought vbulletin forums were supposed to be better than others, look like that isn't the case.

·
Administrator
368 Posts

test

Please use regular image tags with and [/ resize] wrapped around the image tags

Kyle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works great. And if you don't already know how to do this in a post here's my cliff notes version:

1) Click the pound sign (will say "Wrap Code" with mouse hover)
2) Insert the resize codes in each [] []. For example "resize=450" in the first box and "/resize" in the last box. You only need to put the width measurement in the first box...the 450 number.
3) Place your cursor between the two boxes and click once.
4) Click on the yellow mountain icon (will say "insert image" with mouse hover)
5) insert the link to your image and click OK

Hope that helps others who, like me, struggle a bit with using the menus and codes to make stuff appear the way we want it to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts