DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale, new never installed never bench tested Rinehart PM100 DXR for sale. This comes with the amp-seal plug and the stainless shielding cable grips provided by Rinehart.
Will ship to other countries.
PM for images, having a problem attaching for some reason.

Asking $5000 obo
Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unless you want to give it to a good home to someone here, aka be a contributor to one of our projects, why wouldn't you throw it on eBay?

$5k is way too steep for what it does, IMO, especially given the inroads made by DIYers in repurposing things like Damien's efforts with the Prius inverter. I think the Rinehart's days have passed.

If you're looking to place it into a project here, why aren't you simply ratcheting your ask down until you get someone who's interested?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Unless you want to give it to a good home to someone here, aka be a contributor to one of our projects, why wouldn't you throw it on eBay?

$5k is way too steep for what it does, IMO, especially given the inroads made by DIYers in repurposing things like Damien's efforts with the Prius inverter. I think the Rinehart's days have passed.

If you're looking to place it into a project here, why aren't you simply ratcheting your ask down until you get someone who's interested?

I was talking to a gentleman trying to sell some similar components. There are so many good (and even more powerful) options at a fraction of the price that these inverters are a pretty tough sell. I've seen them sell on eBay, though... you should post it there :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(y) THANKS!
Still accepting reasonable offers for this inverter.
Don't be bashful, the worst I can say is "no thanks".
Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was going to offer $500, but then it forces me to buy a new unit for the following build because I invested my time in the learning curve for this one.

It's just not worth much these days given all the fully functional salvage alternatives. Even building one from scratch is $300 in IGBTs.

Put it on eBay, dude

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Remy,
Relax, The learning curve is nil, I can help you set it up in 10 minutes if you use a motor that's been parameterized on it.

It's one of the best power to weight ratio inverters and used in a lot of OEM applications.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
fake news. You've just never tried.

They're simple, and I can help anyone who buys this if they get a motor that's been tuned with it already.

They're easy to set up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe this is out of the question, but would you take $1,000 for it? Looks like this thing would power my PV1533 3-phase AC like gangbusters!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts