DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKDOfXBRMM&t=406s
Heres an example of the "viral" phenomenon.
Viral videos arnt accidents they are strategically propelled
via multiple social media platforms. Also the content has to have a certain
gawkyness or something to complain about. Tubers love to complain.
A Korean riding an imaginary horse is like EEEEEWWWWW but everybody clicks on it.
120k views in 2 weeks might not sound like viral to most people
but it is if compared to the fact that if I put this video on my channel, it would have about 150 views by now. Like the video posted above was made the same day and has 50 views. The fact that Im not on FaceBook also has something to do with it.
To the simple mind Bruno comes across as an annoying git who cant shut up but thats his genius. Theres something deliberate about his angle. Hes actually pretty clever and can understand most technical things about EV's. He certainly doesnt talk like that off video.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,303 (Edited)
Nope. Although everything is set up at the Club level so we could just start up again as soon as we have new bikes.
Im still dreaming about my next level race bike.
Making the kart and Enduro bike should keep me occupied for a while.
Recently took the R1 down to Devonport Tasmania for the AEVA AGM.
Had a display in the park and did a short impromptu race on the grass with a stealth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i absolutely love your project!
i'm thinking about building my own bike completly from scratch for several years now and finally could have the budget.
I have one year experience in working with carbonfiber as a hobby now
The by far biggest problem i run into at the moment is the Motor and controler. I dont feel comfortable using the stock motors with 2 or more kilogram per kw.
I saw the picture of your stripped Motors and that your video says your bike has 210kw with just those 2 Motors - is that right? Just because of the high amps you put through them?
Do you think someone with high motivation and experience in mechanical engineering could do that too? (myself) Would you be down to make a short video on how to do this and what to focus on while doing so? You cant imagine how awesome that would be cause i could finally get really close into doing this project. Not looking into 210 kw. 150kw would be awesome already (driving a RC8 for some years now)

Greets from germany and again: FCKING AWESOME JOB MATE

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,306
Hi Narcotus.
You will need at least $40k to make a race bike.
You wont need any carbon fibre.
Use a Rinehart PM100DXR and an Emrax 268 Medium LC and about 8kWh of LiPo. 94s 395v. 130kW
THAT 210kW video isnt mine, It was made by a guy who did his own maths.
I hope thats not the only Ripperton video that you have seen.
Check out my vids.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RIPPERTON
My bike probably only sees 500A and has 115hp.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,307
The Ripperton Electric race bike is now temporarily a museum piece.
I have loaned it to the Australian National Motorcycle Museum in Nabiac NSW.
It is being displayed next to a bunch of other race bikes.
I will go get it in November and take it for a track day.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi @ripperton, I’m going to start work on a 100mph track bike some time this month. I’m starting with a KTM Duke rolling chassis and taking it from there. My goal is 100mph top speed and maybe 25miles of range. It only needs to do 1-2 sessions of 30mins each. Can you please give me an idea of how much this should cost? Also, which motor would you recommend? Looking for something cheap, hopefully.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
psych0hans - Start your own thread for your own project, don't hijack threads that are about other projects with longer conversations. That way people can read about his project in his thread and your project in your thread.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,312
Looooooong time....
Had to cannibalise the R1 battery today to get some cells to complete the Kart packs. Get rid of that busbar.
As I was pilfering cells out of the R1 pack I realised it should come apart anyway and be rebuilt in aluminium as the acetal that I have long favoured is now deemed not appropriate or too fragile so I will devise a smaller battery configuration and case it in aluminium or maybe even make more kart packs to fit in. It should take 4 of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I previously had an electric bike, but recently I made a choice in the direction of an electric scooter, it is very convenient to use in large cities. Personally, I travel my way to work and back on an electric scooter, which is convenient for me since the scooter folds compactly and does not pollute the environment. My lyubimets
this is swagtron city SG5 https://whatever-tech.com/best-electric-folding-scooter-reviews.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I am trying to make a brushless motor for high speed can you just provide me some calculations for selecting wire gauge and how many poles should be there in the motor

1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts