DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably over my head this and need to know if my plan will work. I have a 3500lb tube buggy with one ton axles, and 42 inch tall sticky trepador tires. Has supercharged v6 right now but a conversion kit will be here Monday or Tuesday. Warp9 curtis 1231 144v 500amp, zivan ng3, dc/DC inverter. Is this going to be enough to power my buggy with 12v agm batteries maybe 90ah. For gearing 4.10 axle 4:1 transfer case t4 manual transmission with 4:1 1st gear 1:1 4th. Always trailer it but have to slow crawler ledges and do some wot hill killing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could I still use the curtis controller andzegna ng3 charger with a OEM lithium pack? I'm just getting started with this conversion. Started pulling the ice stuff out and pick up the warp kit tonight at yrc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies. See actual electric rigs that have been built helps a lot.
So it looks like both the sami and Toyota have about 12kw batteries. That about the size I was thinking 12×90ah. I think I need more but don't have that big of a budget plus wanted to start with 144v of agm batteries. Probably look for the highest ah agm I can find and get a 2000w generator to pack around. Also I got some 1/4 inch steel plate from a buddy last night, is that good enough? Thinking two plates spaced about 2.5 inches apart for shaft separation and no clutch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seriously looking at buying a complete volt pack now for around 2000 from a salvage yard and not running bms (I only wheel it once a month and it is a trailer queen). Would need to split the volts in half and double the amp hours. And would need to figure out the charger.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.