DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
So sweet! Do it! I talked to rich Rudman the dude from Manzinita Micro on the phone about his D.C. electric Toyota pick up. He said he can't keep the tires from spinning above 800 amps while crawling with his zilla 2000 amp controller. Also said that you got to watch your motor temperature, It can roast it if you run it hard for over a couple minutes because not enough cooling with his advanced d.c. 8 inch motor setup.

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/no-cam-no-heads-and-no-carb-rich-rudmans-all-electric-4x4-toyota/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow Nice work! Keep it up! You almost have the first ever electric rock crawler tube buggy! I know I want one soon. So sick of wheeling with carbon monoxide gasses goin straight to my brain always feeling like I am about to pass out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
*4.1 volts is what my high voltage cutoff is set for in order to have the longest life. Bet you could get away with at 4.0 volts for a high voltage cutoff. That way you wouldn't have to take apart your pack.

7modules(12cellsx4v) = 48v

2 modules(6cellsx4v) = 24v

"I Think I would wire these in series to make one 48v battery.)

48v+48v+48v=144v

so now you have 8 cell modules.
maybe just run 6 of them for now
36s2p

could you buy 2 more 12 cell, 48 volt modules soon?

buy 2 more 48v modules and then you could run
36s3p?

hmmmm...

·
Registered
140 Posts
pretty sure this is my new favorite build! Battery is looking good! I want a volt pack because the coolant tube stuff is already built into the battery pack. quite the positive feature. Your gonna love the power those cells put out. My LG chems are wicked strong.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey man,

Can you just do one 144v pack in the front? (All in series).

48v+48v+24v+24v=144v

Then do another 144v pack in the rear. (All in series)

48v+48v+48v=144v

and just parrallel the two packs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got a zivan ng3 for like 150 bucks on ebay. It is setup for 12 volt batteries. it came from a corbin sparrow. Hummbug has an article on here how to switch it to his desired voltage, 156v? I think. After reading the article I learned that all he did was switch out a resistor with a soldering gun, to get it to the charging range he desired. If you don't want to do this work yourself you can send them to Elcon/Zivan to reprogram them for 75 bucks + shipping. That is what I am doing with my Elcon 2500. I chose this because it may be a little bit better with a little bit better charging amps but I do not really know yet.

https://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200433&highlight=zivan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Kinda want to upgrade mine to HV so I can fast charge with a 200v+ Tesla charger. Plan on getting one soon with Damian mcquires logic board.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.