DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow Nice work! Keep it up! You almost have the first ever electric rock crawler tube buggy! I know I want one soon. So sick of wheeling with carbon monoxide gasses goin straight to my brain always feeling like I am about to pass out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
*4.1 volts is what my high voltage cutoff is set for in order to have the longest life. Bet you could get away with at 4.0 volts for a high voltage cutoff. That way you wouldn't have to take apart your pack.

7modules(12cellsx4v) = 48v

2 modules(6cellsx4v) = 24v

"I Think I would wire these in series to make one 48v battery.)

48v+48v+48v=144v

so now you have 8 cell modules.
maybe just run 6 of them for now
36s2p

could you buy 2 more 12 cell, 48 volt modules soon?

buy 2 more 48v modules and then you could run
36s3p?

hmmmm...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Trying to get this conversation done ASAP and back on the trail. Any problems you guys see ? I don’t have a lot of room to work with. My plan is to run the front 144v then have a separate 144v in the back and use forklift style connectors to switch back and forth and also to plug in the charger.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
pretty sure this is my new favorite build! Battery is looking good! I want a volt pack because the coolant tube stuff is already built into the battery pack. quite the positive feature. Your gonna love the power those cells put out. My LG chems are wicked strong.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.