41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
pretty sure this is my new favorite build! Battery is looking good! I want a volt pack because the coolant tube stuff is already built into the battery pack. quite the positive feature. Your gonna love the power those cells put out. My LG chems are wicked strong.
Thanks glad you like it. I’m not going to use the cooling but don’t plan on long wot pulls or highway driving.

·
Registered
390 Posts
That link says 3.0-4.15 and 3.7 nominal
To dead empty. Nobody uses a pack to dead empty.
That link also shows the knee of the discharge curve at about 3.4V.
If you run that pack to 3.0V on a regular basis, it's not going to last very long. Do some searching on the forum and you'll get multiple confirmations. Yabert, for instance.
But by all means, go to 3.0V. It's your pack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That link says 3.0-4.15 and 3.7 nominal
To dead empty. Nobody uses a pack to dead empty.
That link also shows the knee of the discharge curve at about 3.4V.
If you run that pack to 3.0V on a regular basis, it's not going to last very long. Do some searching on the forum and you'll get multiple confirmations. Yabert, for instance.
But by all means, go to 3.0V. It's your pack.
This is my first rodeo..lol.
I thought the 3.0 minimum was with 20% left and was like a line you should not cross. I plan to run two 144v 50ah packs so I can run one down to a safe level plus some and only switch back if I need it to get to the trailer. But I was hoping to go lower than 3.5. And this is the first I have heard of the knee of the discharge curve.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Motor came in. Guessing it got dropped. Any idea how much it will be to fix or where to get a new end for it? Do you think anything on the inside is jacked up, it won't turn.
Since your video doesn't work(as far as I can tell), what did you do to fix this broken end housing? Clutchless or with clutch? You may have answered this.
Clutchless. We had to move the center shaft about 1/2 inch back into place so the motor would spin. The plan is to get a new end for it.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.