DIY Electric Car Forums banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi all. Here are the latest photos of my project. The Buck is now self supporting. Which means I can remove it from the chassis and add the suspension to the chassis. That will allow me to determine with accuracy where the wheel arches and flares need to be. The buck still needs some fine tuning, mostly just to grind down any high spots.


123118


123119
123120

123121


123122
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Some decent progress to report. I had to start on the mechanicals in order to locate the wheel positions. So the chassis and suspension is now painted and assembled. The peddle box is moved forward 25mm. The internal panels are all cut and predrilled. The buck is now complete including wheel arches.
I had to redo the nose panel. The original attempt looked ok from a distance. It had the correct curve when I wheeled it but the bead more than reversed the curve. So I needed to put it back through the wheel. This removed the beads and I then proceeded to add more curve than required to compensate for the expected impact of the bead. It worked a treat. The panel now has the intended curve.
I also made some more progress on both ends of the motor mount. But there is still a fair bit of work to do there.
According to my current plan this brings me to 46%
123409
123410
123411
123412
123413
123414
123415
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
As always, fantastic work being done here. Really appreciate you sharing it with the community, especially as you're not asking for help on things, it's entirely for our enjoyment and benefit :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I decided I didn't like the standard mounting position of the gear shifter on my chassis. It usually sits high on top of the tunnel. Mainly because there is usually radiator pipes running under there. But I don't have the pipes so I decided to modify the shifter and squeeze it into the tunnel. I removed the left mount points in the process so I will need to make a bracket to support that left side. But otherwise I am happy with the result.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Office equipment

Hood Aircraft Airplane Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Car

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Aircraft Automotive design
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Here is the latest progress on my project. I had a trial run fitting the interior, I mounted the brake fluid reservoirs and the gearbox end of the motor is mounted. Next I will make some brackets to secure the other end of the motor.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Tints and shades Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Wood Gas Automotive tire Engineering Machine Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Bicycle part Wood Gas Automotive tire Engineering Machine Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Bicycle part
 

Attachments

101 - 106 of 106 Posts
Top