DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone to convert a Miata for me--I'm not mechanically oriented myself.

Requirements: I don't need speeds higher than 65 mph. I don't need great range: 20 miles per charge would suffice.

Any guesses at:
1) Cost of materials?
2) Cost of labor?

I'm on a budget.

Pete
Charlotte, North Carolina

·
Registered
639 Posts
check out kiwiev.com,gavin wasn't "mechanically oriented " either (no offense gav!).also check out ampmobiles.com ,they are in south carolina i believe,but they may be close enough to you to work something out. welcome to the forum! good luck with your project! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm looking for someone to convert a Miata for me--I'm not mechanically oriented myself.

Requirements: I don't need speeds higher than 65 mph. I don't need great range: 20 miles per charge would suffice.

Any guesses at:
1) Cost of materials?
2) Cost of labor?

I'm on a budget.

Pete
Charlotte, North Carolina
Com'on guys, I'm sure one of you would be up for converting his car for a small fee. I'd love to do it if I wasn't 2094 miles away...

But with that said, you -can- do it yourself and learn a ton in the process. I'm nowhere near done, but my project has been progressing rather steadily. As long as I just focus on one step at a time, it keeps things from overwhelming me.

As far as estimates go... To convert using new electric vehicle parts with highway speeds low range watching the budget (and not taking apart fork lifts), maybe $6500 +/- $500?
(And I'm sure others will debate with me on that number.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts