DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a ME1115 brushless motor made by Motenergy, paired to a Sevcon GEN4 550A 72/80v controller. The system was originally purchased from Electric Motor Sports and used on autocross go kart. Has less than 4 hours of run time on the whole system.

Looking to get $3500 USD for the whole package. Would consider a reasonable offer (we have $5200 in this package and it is only 4 hours "old"!) .

IXXAT programmer with the Sevcon DVT PC software also included in the kit. This is the only parts of the kit that we would consider selling separate ($700 or make us an offer). This was bought new for $950 and used only a few times to set the Sevcon to our battery pack configuration. Also the sevcon clearview, with cable for $300 (THIS IDEM IS PENDING SOLD! AFTER CONFIRMED, I WILL DROP THE PRICE $300). Would consider reasonable offers for other parts, however I would like to keep the controller and the control box together.

Motor - Motenergy ME1115 96v brushless motor. The motor preformed very well through every race. We set a very conservative temperature limit, allowing the motor to cool between laps. It is rated (and programmed) to spin 6500rpm. The only damage is a crack in the phase bolt block that happened during install (Image 6691), however this does not affect the motor's performance or ability to run in any way. We also wrapped all vents with a fine screen netting to prevent any foreign material from entering the motor during the race.

Sevcon Controller - This controller was great for this system. Had more power than the motor needed, so it never got above 150 degrees F. It is a 550 amp controller rated for 72/80v however is capable of being run up to 116v. On the kart we ran 100.2v fully charged without any problems. It came programmed for 108v from Electric motor sports.

Electrical - Inside the control box that I built is a very large contactor, POT box for the throttle (using a bike brake cable and housing to pull the POT), key switch, F/R switch and the Big Red Button that cuts all power. There is a Anderson SB175 (orange plug) on the side of the control box that is used for charging. It is wired in such a way that the big red button has to be active in order to charge the batteries. This prevented arcing when we plugged in the high powered chargers. All the electronics are fused as well as the sevcon's main fuse. No fuses were ever blown or replaced. The main power plug is a Anderson SB350 (gray). All main power leads are run using 1/0 wire and 2awg phase wires.

Mechanical - The control box is made of 6061 plate aluminum that is 0.090 thick. All TIG welded together. The controller is mounted to a removable plate of 6061 aluminum, .5 inch thick. The motor mount plate is made from 6061 aluminum, .5 inch thick using all 8 bolts in the face of the motor for mounting. The motor plate is bolted to the base plate and gussets so it could be removed if needed. There is one small bolt missing in the upper left hand corner of the control panel that I made. The threaded insert blew out the hole that was drilled for it and prevents it from being reinserted.

This system preformed flawlessly at every event we raced, setting FTD and course records at every club event! If your intended use of this system is for a racing go kart application, please mention so and I will see about including the frame rail mount (if it fits your kart frame type). The frame mount is just a standard kart engine mount plate that has been drilled and tapped to bolt the pictured motor mount down.

Shipping within the Continental USA only.

Please PM me with any questions or interest.

Thanks,
Sawyer A

(Please Note I am NOT selling the whole kart. Just the motor, controller and programmer. Kart is pictured for reference as to how the system was set up)

Product Wire Technology Electronic device Electronics

Electronics Technology Label

Auto part Hand Automotive tire Finger Pipe

Vehicle Car Auto part Suspension Chassis

Metal Machine tool Machine Steel Disc brake

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daniel,

The whole kit is not together any more, However the big items are still there with exception to the Sevcon Clearview and the IXXAT Programmer and software.

I will have to check with the guy that has them (The go kart was a joint project with the other guy paying for the system), but with those 2 items mentioned above gone, I would bet he would part with it for $2600. The wiring has been pulled apart as we had to use the contactor to test another system proof of concept but it is back with the kit.

Like I said, I have not talked to the other guy in this project in a while so if you are interested I will get a hold of him and we can make up a deal!

Let me know!
Sawyer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Ixxxat with VCI 3.5 I have in my work so this is not necessary, problem is with the sevcon software. I got the 1 year licence from our customer, but licence is expeired now...maybe we will get the next year licence, but this is not sure...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The software has been sold and I do not have any of the licensing in my possession anymore. The controller is programmed to the motor. 109v max and a 88v cut off (I think... we were very conservative on the cut off to protect the batteries). If you hook it all up and give it some power, it will run as is.

Let me know if you are interested,
Sawyer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.