DIY Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I didn't get 913, but wow!!! impressive array of stuff

I did get several lots in Canada but I'm having a lot of trouble getting a shipper to take it over the border. I've got an employee there and hired local help to pack. Should be done loading early next week, we got them to give us a few more days.

Anyone up there know the best way to get this over the border?

I'd rather not use a customs broker or have to tie up a bonded warehouse that get expensive fast!!! I should be able to show my auction receipt pay the 3% tariff and head across the border.

Anyone up there that can lend a hand? I'd love to get advice or help it cost me another $1000 to fly up and spend 2 days there.

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just throwing my hat into the ring from Australia, I'd be interested in a Siemens motor/DMOC controller/borg warner gearbox combo if there are any left after the dust settles.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I didn't get 913, but wow!!! impressive array of stuff

I did get several lots in Canada but I'm having a lot of trouble getting a shipper to take it over the border. I've got an employee there and hired local help to pack. Should be done loading early next week, we got them to give us a few more days.

Anyone up there know the best way to get this over the border?

I'd rather not use a customs broker or have to tie up a bonded warehouse that get expensive fast!!! I should be able to show my auction receipt pay the 3% tariff and head across the border.

Anyone up there that can lend a hand? I'd love to get advice or help it cost me another $1000 to fly up and spend 2 days there.

Steve
Congrats on the score. And yeah, I really wanted 913 - we went there in person to see what there was......youch....:mad:.

A proof of sale should be good enough for the declared value. If you're there in person, you should be able to fill out the paperwork yourself and avoid paying a broker to do it.

I'm not sure why the shipper would have an issue going through the states. Of course, if you're filling a 5 ton (or maybe an 18 wheeler) it can get expensive to ship by truck.

Its a long shot but I almost wonder if you'd be better shipping it by sea. The port of vancouver is close by.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
...Anyone up there that can lend a hand? I'd love to get advice or help it cost me another $1000 to fly up and spend 2 days there.
I can't imagine handling the shipping of auction stuff without going up there personally. If I hadn't done that I wouldn't have been able to scrap or sell 16 of the 21 pallets that I had won, inventory the remaining items, secure them with stretch wrap so they don't keel over the first time they are picked up with a forklift, put labels on the pallets to help ensure they make it to me regardless of how many times they get transferred, and just be there when the truck picks them up. Flying to MA from FL and staying they for 3 days cost me over $1000, too, but considering that doing such cut my shipping cost from $3400 down to $1100 and netted me over $8k in sales/scrap, I'd say it was totally worth it.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Ditto to jeff .....i would never had meet jeff :)
Ah, you must be Bruce (or Bill). Pleasure meeting both of you and good luck with your sales. I just found out that the AC24LS motors I still have (10) of don't have a shaft end bearing... oops. Oh well, that's buying stuff at auction for you. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,

would be interested whether there is an overview of the final bid per lot. We got insight in some of the US lots via Jeffrey and Kriszka. But there is some other material that I would be very interested in to learn the bid level of (e.g. the almost ready cars) and a complete overview would be very nice to have.

I am aware that this will cause some additional tears in my eyes, but on the other hand will prepare me for future auctions (not that I hope other EV companies will go bust soon).

Regards,

Huub

·
Registered
20 Posts
ah, you must be bruce (or bill). Pleasure meeting both of you and good luck with your sales. I just found out that the ac24ls motors i still have (10) of don't have a shaft end bearing... Oops. Oh well, that's buying stuff at auction for you. :d
guilty as charged THOSE AC24LS may be missing the bearing due to what they were mounted to

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK here is a quick list of what seimans mtr i have
(1) 1pv5138-4ws24-zw11
(1) 1pv5138-4ws24-zw12
(4) 1pv5139-6ws24-zw02
(4) 1pv5135-6ws36-zw12

pm me if interested

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also have the programming cables for the dmoc can/rs232...
The encoder cables for the siemans to dmoc controllers
Also have the connectors for the dmoc contoller ( plastic shell only) so far

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be interested in the following if available.

UK or US. (I am in Australia)

1PV5135-4WS14 motor
300v - 13.8v DC-DC Converter
Water Heater
Vacuum pump
DMOC
Cable set

PM me if you have any or all the above available.

Cheers,
Mal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd also be interested in potentially up to 6 of any of the following:
300v DC-DC Converter
Water heater
Aircon compressor
Power steering pump
Vacuum pump
Cable set
Brusa chargers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also have the programming cables for the dmoc can/rs232...
The encoder cables for the siemans to dmoc controllers
Also have the connectors for the dmoc contoller ( plastic shell only) so far
ALSO JUST FOUND DC DC CONVERTERS 200-400 IN 13.5 OUT KEEP CHKING EBAY THEY WILL BE POSTED THERE BY TONIGHT

ebay item:170945281778

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,

Do we have insight into the electrical build-up of the heaters, AC compressors and DC-DC converters from Azure? I would like to know whether the high-voltage side of these appliances is isolated w.r.t. ground?

As I am working on a 600 V pack, I could potentially use the half-pack voltage to drive them (300 V being close enough to the 350 V pack voltage for Azure's). However, this would certainly not work when the HV side in the device is connected to ground somewhere, as this would mean that I would create a short (I will most likely have the pack midpoint connected to chassis ground).

Any insight in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Huub

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi all,

Do we have insight into the electrical build-up of the heaters, AC compressors and DC-DC converters from Azure? I would like to know whether the high-voltage side of these appliances is isolated w.r.t. ground?

As I am working on a 600 V pack, I could potentially use the half-pack voltage to drive them (300 V being close enough to the 350 V pack voltage for Azure's). However, this would certainly not work when the HV side in the device is connected to ground somewhere, as this would mean that I would create a short (I will most likely have the pack midpoint connected to chassis ground).

Any insight in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Huub
From the work I've done on a Solectria Force I can say everything I've touched so far is isolated. AC controller, dc/dc converter, main controller.

I'm no expert but I would suggest you think twice about grounding any part of the HV pack, do some more research into all the bad things that could happen by doing that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello RW,

thanks for this info, good to know.

Regarding the grounding of the pack, I have seen and heard a lot of different opinions and solutions on that matter. I take it that you have your pack fully isolated? What is the general consensus on this matter in the US, and in this forum?

One of the thinks that was brought up somewhere is that with grounding and fault detect, you can detect an isolation error which otherwise might become unnoticed.

I have to look back in the details, but also think I remember the Australian regulations did propose a solution that was against the general consensus in the forum.

Might be good to have a separate topic on this matter in the Batteries thread.

Thanks a lot, regards,

Huub

From the work I've done on a Solectria Force I can say everything I've touched so far is isolated. AC controller, dc/dc converter, main controller.

I'm no expert but I would suggest you think twice about grounding any part of the HV pack, do some more research into all the bad things that could happen by doing that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello RW,

thanks for this info, good to know.

Regarding the grounding of the pack, I have seen and heard a lot of different opinions and solutions on that matter. I take it that you have your pack fully isolated? What is the general consensus on this matter in the US, and in this forum?

One of the thinks that was brought up somewhere is that with grounding and fault detect, you can detect an isolation error which otherwise might become unnoticed.

I have to look back in the details, but also think I remember the Australian regulations did propose a solution that was against the general consensus in the forum.

Might be good to have a separate topic on this matter in the Batteries thread.

Thanks a lot, regards,

Huub
Hi Huub,

As an industrially trained electrician, I would never connect any part of the high voltage pack to ground as you are then making any maintenance on the cells extremely risky.
My sphincter muscles already twitch when I do anything with the terminals on my 320v pack so I would also recommend as discussed before in our Emails, that you keep the pack voltage as low as possible because DC is so damn dangerous. The voltage you are planning is really only for very high power.

Russ

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
ebay item:170945281778
The latter of these two is the encoder / thermistor cable. I see that these are all gone now (20 of them).

Does anyone know what the part number or even the manufacturer of the motor end of this cable is? It's a circular 12-pin connector:

The way that pin 9 is not at the same radius as pins 1-8 makes it unusual and hard to find.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts