DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have a synchronous motor for sale New with cap still on the connectors. Ended up being too big for my application. Also have a ELFA-2 inverter that will be included for sale.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What are you asking for it? Will the controller do regen braking?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi $2000 obo for the motor and inverter. You will need some sort of control unit to talk to the inverter. really powerful high end motor from a transit bus so anything big would be a good application.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow really for a transit bus??? I was just looking for something for my Chevy s-10 conversion. I wonder if this would even fit! - maybe it would go better in my 1-ton pickup??? (not a current plan really)

Anyways.. out of curiosity, What kind of controller is needed to talk with this inverter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dimensional specs are 24" x 13" x 13". A pretty big motor. I was thinking maybe to build my own controller using the Siemens unit or a PMAC high power controller like the rinehart.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think this might be a little too much for me. I need something that's relatively plug and play. They do look amazing though.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Interesting specs...
http://www.metricmind.com/misc/207711fv5139_6ws28_20771.pdf

Yeah, it's a big motor. :)

I assume this was leftover from Azure Dynamics / Solectria, but I did see another ad for the same model of motor saying that is was for a Mercedes Cito Bus. The Cito was a diesel-electric bus - not a hybrid with a battery but with a generator and motor as the transmission like a locomotive or ship - which might explain why the spec sheet which I linked described it as a "generator" rather than a "motor". In the Cito, the motor is mounted longitudinally on top of the axle as shown in this ad (driving the pinion though an enclosed chain or gears; note this salvage axle is lying on the ground rotated 90 degrees from the operating orientation), and the generator is mounted directly on the engine crankshaft (on the right-hand side in the photo below).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts