DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im selling my 360v kart project that is running and driving with full FOC control. I no longer have the time or facility space to refine frame to handle the power level. So I have decided to sell it as a whole. The component list is Prius gen3 inverter with open inverter logic board installed, gen 1 leaf EM61 motor and transaxle, full 360v 16kw gen1 (2012) Chevy volt battery, HV junction box using stock leaf HV contactor and precharge circuit. This system is fully functional with integrated DCDC and HV contactor control from the inverter logic board. I am asking for the entire working kart. I am located in Atlanta, GA. Due to the size local pickup is the only feasible method for this transaction Thank you .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It's running and can be driven onto a truck, so why limit your options to local? Bubba still is in love with diesel F250's in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's running and can be driven onto a truck, so why limit your options to local? Bubba still is in love with diesel F250's in your neck of the woods.
It can drive on to a trailer for sure, my point is that the first person to come load it up gets it. I wont be shipping threw a third party.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys im selling my 360v kart project that is running and driving with full FOC control. I no longer have the time or facility space to refine frame to handle the power level. So I have decided to sell it as a whole. The component list is Prius gen3 inverter with open inverter logic board installed, gen 1 leaf EM61 motor and transaxle, full 360v 16kw gen1 (2012) Chevy volt battery, HV junction box using stock leaf HV contactor and precharge circuit. This system is fully functional with integrated DCDC and HV contactor control from the inverter logic board. I am asking $2800 for the entire working kart. I am located in Atlanta, GA. Due to the size local pickup is the only feasible method for this transaction Thank you . Contact me at [email protected]
What BMS are you using??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested but would prefer to deal on forum if at all possible (I just registered to post this so you might have to dm me first). I would also like to know how it's charged and if the hardware to do so is included?
My best guess from reading through the post is you charge through a bms which is not included, then bypass it for the discharge cycle, thus charging hardware is left up to the buyer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am interested but would prefer to deal on forum if at all possible (I just registered to post this so you might have to dm me first). I would also like to know how it's charged and if the hardware to do so is included?
My best guess from reading through the post is you charge through a bms which is not included, then bypass it for the discharge cycle, thus charging hardware is left up to the buyer.
Hello you are correct I charged it with a EV charger and bms system. And bypassed for discharge current. Correct that system is not included in the deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After watching the videos on your youtube channel (subscribed, btw, there's awesome projects on there), it seems like you can charge by connecting the inverter to a 240v charger and it will buck it to the battery voltage? Could you share more detail on the process of charging?

Also, I'm pretty tied up with university this coming week, could I come pick it up the weekend of the 15th? I'm in Michigan so it's going to be some logistics work on my part so I appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After watching the videos on your youtube channel (subscribed, btw, there's awesome projects on there), it seems like you can charge by connecting the inverter to a 240v charger and it will buck it to the battery voltage? Could you share more detail on the process of charging?

Also, I'm pretty tied up with university this coming week, could I come pick it up the weekend of the 15th? I'm in Michigan so it's going to be some logistics work on my part so I appreciate it.
Thanks for the subscribe my friend! And yes the inverter does have the ability to buck/boost input voltage to charge the voltage on MG1. Right now on the inverter I have mg1 and mg2 in parallel to maximize current. But it can be easily changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts