Sounds about right. What you want to do is to hook up a voltmeter to that cell only and watch it while you accelerate hard. If it drops below 2.5 V, that cell has developed high internal resistance and needs to be replaced. For the timebeing you can just remove it from the pack circuit, installing some longer jumpers to jump around it. If you drive and can hit higher currents without causing another cell to go into BMS alarm, you've solved your problem, and you can decide whether or not you really want to buy one cell to replace the bad one.
But you have to ask: what killed that one cell? And whatever did, is there any risk that it killed or weakened others too?
Don't panic: I had one 180Ah Sinopoly cell just gradually lose capacity over time. It was leaking electrolyte vapour out of its vent- I suspect it just wasn't made properly and had a defective vent valve. Otherwise, this cell was perfectly fine- it charged and discharged without causing any problems- it just eventually fell to a capacity of 135 Ah, which I discovered on a long drive one day when my BMS alarm went off. I've replaced that one cell and all the others are just fine. About once a season I make sure to drive the car carefully around the neighbourhood after a long drive, to find out where the "bottom" of my pack really is. My pack is top balanced more or less, by the shunt charging feature of the BMS. I don't suffer over getting the top balance perfect, and just let the BMS trip the charger when any one cell gets to HV cutoff. I have installed six little voltmeters just for convenience, which I can turn on with a pushbutton switch. They compare groups of 5 or 6 cells to one another. I check them at both the termination of charge and after a long drive and record the voltages in my logbook. This allows me to watch for any problems.