DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using modules from a Tesla model 3 pack in my conversion, and I have been searching for some time to find a suitable replacement connector for the coolant inlet and outlet ports. The connectors tesla uses are quite brittle and clearly intended for a single use, with no consideration to removal and replacement... being very careful during the disassembly, I still broke almost 1/4 of my hose fittings.

I have done a lot of research and believe I have found who manufactures the fittings for Tesla. It isn't an exact match, but the closest part I can find is made by the Norma Group, specifically their NormaQuick V2 line. (NORMA® V2 | Quick Connector | NORMA Group)

These fittings share many design features with the connector Tesla uses, the most of any connector family available... at least based on my search of NA and EU coolant connector supplier catalogs.

My issue now is that NORMA seems to be only distributed in Europe. I am in the US, and besides sending a message to their technical team on their website and through linkedin (done, no response yet) I am out of options to pursue. If there is anyone in the UK or EU who shares my interest in using model 3 modules, maybe you could take my photos into one of their distributers and see what you can find out?

A 3rd party source of user serviceable connectors for these modules is going to be a key component in integrating them into the DIY ecosystem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please take a look and see if you can find the right connector:

They are not shipping to the US, but i can forward the package to you

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please take a look and see if you can find the right connector:

They are not shipping to the US, but i can forward the package to you
Awesome find! I am 99% sure these are the connectors closest to what Tesla uses to connect coolant hoses to their modules.

I can PayPal you to buy a few and send them to me, or I could order them and have them shipped to an address where you could forward them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts