DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I am converting a HD Street Rod and was thinking of using the original speedometer and fuelguage. But it seems that the speed comes from the speed sensor, mounted on the output shaft on the ICE, then throug the ECU.
And the fuelguage uses a 50-250ohm to ground function.

The system that I have is AC20 with Curtis 1239 controller.
Thunderstruck EVCC, BMS and 2500 charger.

So the question is, does anywon know a way of making a good locking system that displays speed, kwh/V and more? Even better if it has turnsignal and headbeam indicator aswell!

On my previus electric MC, I used a Cycle Analyst. It worked but I want something more "hightech". And that is more integrated with the rest of the system.

Any adwise?

Thanks!
// Marcus Holm

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you can't rig up a sending unit from your driveshaft for your speedometer, you could just go with one that uses gps to determine speed. They are more expensive, but simpler to install. Autometer and Speedhut in the US make a variety of aftermarket speedometers that would look good in a hot rod.

If you want to use your analog fuel gauge to show battery capacity, ZEVA makes a product for that purpose. I have read various opinions on how well it works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you SWF but I think I want something with more functionality. There is a system called Andromedia witch are using CANbus do display diffrent info that looks nice.

But it would be even nicer to do something with a Raspberry Pi that reads from CANbus on the Curtis controller, Thunderstruck EVCC and BMS. There is also a 7" touch screen that can be mounted on the Raspberry :)

/M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts