DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much is getting done. Noah was off at camp. My buddy Stu came by with a tool to saw the tail pipe, so it's gone. It's hot. I get under the car and my goggles fog in about 30 seconds.

The intake/exhaust manifold stubbornly clings to the engine. I'm not making progress with that. I'm also not sure about removing the gas tank. It's about time to call for help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
do you have your EV parts yet?
I would be willing in the near future to come over there one day and help gut the car I am good at taking things apart!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar problem with the exhaust manifold. Could not unbolt it from the engine block. What I ended up doing was cutting off the exhaust as close to the manifold as I could (used an angle grinder). I left the manifold attached to the engine. When the engine comes out the manifold will come with it.

Idoco
www.JustAnotherEVConversion.blogspot.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idoco;bt934 said:
I had a similar problem with the exhaust manifold. Could not unbolt it from the engine block. What I ended up doing was cutting off the exhaust as close to the manifold as I could (used an angle grinder). I left the manifold attached to the engine. When the engine comes out the manifold will come with it.

Idoco
www.JustAnotherEVConversion.blogspot.com
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts