DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Starting an electric conversion

2272 6
I'm going to start an electric conversion soon and I'm leaning towards a Crx over the Metro, and I was wondering what parts are ideal for the Crx? Like should I get an 11'' motor, 120v amp, and what specific types of batteries to get and where can I get them. Also, can anyone give any tips with mounting the forklift motor? Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. :)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,334 Posts
start reading..... start with the sticky posts, and look thru the garage for any crx already done.

basic build would be along the lines of Warp9 motor, choice of controller for performance (curtis 1231 low end 300 amps, synkromotive/SolitonJr middle 600amps, Soliton/Zilla 1000amps), 120v x ah for desired range (120v x 100ah would get a crx a good solid 40 mile range, 50 ish absolute max)

current availability of Li prismatics is probably best with Winston or CALB.

· Registered
839 Posts
What are your goals for this conversion? Will you be happy driving this car for the next 10 years? What kind of budget do you have? Are you sure you want that size of car?

And don't do what I did and buy a vehicle that is in good condition.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are your goals for this conversion? Will you be happy driving this car for the next 10 years? What kind of budget do you have? Are you sure you want that size of car?

And don't do what I did and buy a vehicle that is in good condition.
My goals are to have a successfully running CRX with a 100 mile range, and has a long lasting quality. My budget is around $10,000, and yes the size of the CRX is perfect.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
start reading..... start with the sticky posts, and look thru the garage for any crx already done.

basic build would be along the lines of Warp9 motor, choice of controller for performance (curtis 1231 low end 300 amps, synkromotive/SolitonJr middle 600amps, Soliton/Zilla 1000amps), 120v x ah for desired range (120v x 100ah would get a crx a good solid 40 mile range, 50 ish absolute max)

current availability of Li prismatics is probably best with Winston or CALB.
This was extremely helpful! Thanks so much! :)

· Registered
4,334 Posts
My goals are to have a successfully running CRX with a 100 mile range, and has a long lasting quality. My budget is around $10,000, and yes the size of the CRX is perfect.

100 miles will require taking over most of the cargo space with batteries, and probably push the cost of the project closer to $15-$20k with about half that being for the batteries....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.