DIY Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
I haven't yet, but hope to do it soon. So basically the book tells you what?
Oh come on!:rolleyes:

Tell you what, get the book, have a read, read some of the suggested threads and then come and ask regarding what you have read about.
:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
That's what i plan to do. But what i am curious about is if it tells me everything about converting a car? Sometimes names can be deceiving, never heard of "don't judge a book by it's cover"? :) That's all im curious about.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok i just came in contact with a vendor offering to sell 3.2v life po4 batteries. Now im confused because deep-cycle batteries are 12v. So why are lifepo4 more expensive????

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
Ok i just came in contact with a vendor offering to sell 3.2v life po4 batteries. Now im confused because deep-cycle batteries are 12v. So why are lifepo4 more expensive????
The LiFeP04 technology is still new and so the manufacture of them and the probably the materials too, is still costly in comparison to lead.

It is a bit like asking why an Iphone is so much more expensive then a house phone handset.
They are both phones but work differently, do different things and contain different technology.

Agni motos are good, from what I have heard, but expensive and you will need more then one of them. They are generally used on motorbikes though I know of at least one small car and a trike that runs a pair of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Ok so im on chapter 7 of the book you guys recommended. Would a fb1-4001a be able to move a pickup which weighs 3 tons? How about a small car at 1 or 2 tons?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey Hunter, I'll let the DC guys pitch in on that question but something tells me you'll need more than that motor to move a 3 ton vehicle. If you want to get a quick check on what works with what car, check out evalbum.com.

JR

61 - 70 of 70 Posts