DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums because for the first time, i have an issue with my Stealth NightHawk Hybrid cart.

For those that don't recognize the name, Stealth was a US electric cart manufacturer of off road/hunting carts. they went out of business in 2013.

My NightHawk is a 72 V (6 12 V batteries) system with an onboard gas generator that will charge the batteries on the fly.

I replaced the OEM water system batteries with AGM sealed maintenance free batteries last summer. I don't use the cart over the winter so i probably have barely 20 hours on these new batteries.

I have verified my batteries and charger are good through a series of testing with both the battery and charger manufacturers.

My issue with the cart is as soon as i push down on the accelerator, my amps are diving to almost zero and the motor starts jerking or lurching the vehicle back and and forth and will hardly move.

With my cart manufacturer out of business, i have no support and no local dealers that work on these vehicles.

Can anyone point me in a direction to start trying to figure out where to go? I'm convinced the problem is within the cart somewhere and not a battery issue.

Thanks in advance and please let me know if there is any other invformation i can supply that would help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts