DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a Tesla Large Drive unit from Matt at StealthEV and got my shipment on 10-12-2020. Ever since then, Matt won't return texts, call to his cell phone, calls to their office or emails. They have completely gone into ghost mode. I've spoken to another member of this board that took delivery a few weeks before me and he can't get them to respond either.

There are a few issues with the order, including a $3K part that has not been shipped. The 'kit' also didn't have a packing list nor any kind of manual for wiring, directions, etc. But most importantly, the control board is password protected so I can't connect to it to configure it.

I hope that nothing bad has happened to them. But at the same time, I'm starting to get concerned that I am now the proud owner of a $14K boat anchor. Has anyone heard anything about their business or has anyone else been able to contact them in the past three weeks?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went over there a couple of days ago. Front door locked so I went to the back. Matt and another fellow came out and we chatted for a few minutes about my project. They are overwhelmed with work. Matt said they are back-ordered for 3 years. Still no excuse to stiff a prior customer.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
^^ Ignoring customers will solve the problem of having any future backorder headaches...

My apps engineering team could not deliver semiconductor chip eval boards on time on a couple of occasions because of customer support that's impossible to forecast or plan.

Nature of the beast....you take the internal beating from the bureaucrats, keep happy faces looking at the business, and end up having a place for the eval boards to go when they are done, including competitors' customers who were ignored.

These little guys don't have the deep pockets to survive customer loss, even in this market. Some will learn that the hard way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts