DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to make the leap from electric bikes/motorbikes to a car, at long last.

I have the RX8 in mind for a couple of reasons, predominently because they have been used in conversions before and they are very cheap here in the UK.

I have seen motors used including the Koptov K11 Alpha, but I am unsure if the is the 'latest and greatest'? I do want to keep the gearbox for this build.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Registered
Im in the uk azad nd just bought an rx8 to convert.

Im having super trouble finding an 11" dc series wound.

This koptov looks exactly what ive been looking for...although i was hoping to find a 30yr old filthy thing for 400 quid.

Ive heard its a challenge to buy them over the internet and u have to drive over there.

We can go halves 馃槈

Where abouts are u located. Im in stockport.

Registered
Drive to a forklift repair place. Ask for old motors that work. They'll sell them to you for near scrap value. You might have to rip one off the forklift itself with your own tools.

Registered
Thx matt. Im trying. No joy yet. One place dedicated to repairs only has the 8" pump motors. I thought this would be the easy part of the project.

Im going to keep going. There must be one with my name on it out there somewhere!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts