DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here still have a functioning Synkromotive Beta Unit? I ask because I need to know how to connect to the computer to talk with the computer. I still have mine but can't find my communication cables. There is no one from Synkro left to help.

The cable is an old style USB with a big square end. I don't remember it being directly connected to my computer. I thought there was a dongle with it. The production versions all use an ethernet connected to a dongle to USB.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A big square end sounds like USB-B. Was is a USB-A to USB-B cable? You usually see them used for printers. I’m not familiar with the controller, but maybe that helps.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy you want to talk to is Ives Meadors as he designed the Synkromotive Controller. Here is his linked-In page where you can message him.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ives-meadors-97b06314/

I have a cell number as well, but I don't know if it is still valid. Message me if you don't reach him and I will see if the cell number is still valid.

Phil
Phil, I know Ives personally and have the last brand new production controller. Im just hunting for someone here that still has their Beta Unit and Dongle. I need to make a new dongle for this and no, Ives is not available. He has changed his phone numbers and email. He is not supporting them any longer so I am the last of the last who has information on these controllers. I still have my original Beta Unit but can't find my dongle. I need a new dongle or how to make one that works. That's all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts