DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converting a Aixam Mega electric truck. I'm going to keep the Curtis controller, the motor and the rest of the system related to the Curtis/motor.

The rest of the French electronic snake's nest I want to change to a more open and documented system. What system should I use for controlling the rest of the car (lights, temp sensors, speed, indicators)? Is there CAN-BUS systems that can be used when converting a car? Are there Open Source solutions?

Best Regards / Jimmy Alenius

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you found what you have been searching for? I have bought an old Japanese car, and I am rebuilding it. It is my first project, and I can't find some good light regulators. I bought some LED lights from https://www.vont.com/product/vont-car-smart-strip-light/, and after installing them, I understood that I couldn't calibrate their brightness without a special instrument. I also need something to regulate the temperature of the oil in the engine and the amount of gas in the tank. I couldnțt imagine that it could be so hard to recondition an old car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I converting a Aixam Mega electric truck. I'm going to keep the Curtis controller, the motor and the rest of the system related to the Curtis/motor.

The rest of the French electronic snake's nest I want to change to a more open and documented system. What system should I use for controlling the rest of the car (lights, temp sensors, speed, indicators)? Is there CAN-BUS systems that can be used when converting a car? Are there Open Source solutions?

Best Regards / Jimmy Alenius
You need some sort of DMX control. I would suggest you give Onyx (by Obsidian Control Systems) a try. It’s a computer software, and it’s free (as long as you don’t need more than 4 universes). But you’ll need to get a usb/dmx interface, to make it work, I would suggest getting a interface from Enttec (great product at a good price, and it works with onyx)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you sure you need CANUS control for lights, gauges, etc? You might find something workable in a "universal wiring harness" at eastwood or summit racing. Even if you choose a smart Vehicle Control Unit (VCU), you'll still need to splice into the existing wiring harness, or install a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts