DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Taking orders for Revolt 500A 144V controllers

4425 12
I've built nearly a dozen of these and am now able to accept new orders. Build time is 4 weeks from when the order is placed. For preorders, I require $400 down for ordering materials & components. Shipping will be $20, so the final payment will be another $400 even. I prefer paypal, but will consider other methods. Features: QUIET operation Any voltage input in the range of 0 to 144v. 15.6 kHz switching frequency. Adjustable hardware overcurrent shutdown in the range 495 amps to 776 amps. Hardware over-current shuts down in 3-4 µs. [1] RS-232 interface. Reprogrammable. High pedal lockout. The controller will not close the main contactor if the mosfets have failed shorted. Protection from many potentially destructive errors: [2] Control board power polarity reversed 12V supply connected to throttle Full throttle at 0 RPM

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I'm able to take orders for 2-3 controllers now on a first-come basis. Build time will be around 6 weeks. You can put down a deposit of $450 through paypal and I'll get to work. The final payment of $450 is due the day of shipment and includes shipping cost(within the lower 48). I've made a few aesthetic and functional improvements since I started this thread, that will be used on the current units. The new base plate size is 8" X 12" for added heat dissipation. :D

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a bunch of Nichicon capacitors for a great price so I can pass the discount to you guys! I bought enough for 6 controllers so for these next 6, I'm lowering the price to $850 till I run out of these caps.

I repeat, the next 6 controllers I build will only cost $850!

So the down payment is $400 and the final payment will be $450. This still includes shipping to the lower 48 states(I will ship to places outside of those states too).

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I never hide anything from fellow researchers or builders. As a matter of fact, I often answer many questions when people want help building their own Revolts. The new controllers have a 5oz copper power board instead of the original 3oz boards. I've switched to a 5 pin aviation connector for the wire harness so it can be detached. I now use Nichicon caps which are higher grade than the original Panasonic version. Finally the base plate went from 11" long to 12" for extra cooling in warmer climates. Oh, I also use better looking indicator lights than the original kit had. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.