DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm interested in using the E-xpert Pro in my build. I'm looking at having somewhere between 60 and 64 LiFePo cells. It seems that with a pre-scaler (5:1) this can only read up to 175 volts. Does anyone have a solution beyond this? I'm sure there is a 10:1 pre-scaler out there... just can't seem to find it.

Does anyone use this in an application over 175v?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm using a Xantrex LinkPRO on a 64-cell system. Belktronix sells a 10:1 prescaler for these, http://belktronix.com/.

I haven't opened mine up, but it might just be a resistor network. I'm sure they might be able to whip up something for the TBS, if they don't already have something.

The LinkPRO has both 5:1 and 10:1 prescaler options so the data is correctly formatted. Do you have that option on the TBS?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I bought the LinkPro, but decided not to hook up the pack voltage since it is displayed on my drive's keypad already. It hasn't been an issue for me, so you might think about the LinkLite being a cheaper option. Only difference would be occasionally doing a two button reset to set Ahr back to zero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts