DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a TC 3.3 KW Charger - I want to be able to have it switched off and on with a relay switch (NOT CAN2) - I am totally lost when looking at the so called manual see note 6.4 - I am clueless when it comes to understanding what this means. I don't get the 5K1 resistor why are there 2? Is one of them grounded? is the switch existing inside the charger? or is that my switch???

the other question is enable or disable going to be futile without sending the can signal to the charger?

https://www.maurelma.ch/Produkte/Ladegeraete/LiFePO4/3_3KW_User_Manual_mau.pdf

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
What model do you have? That manual looks more like a specification, for sales and marketing. You will need an operator's manual that gives you the CAN buss commands in order to set the voltage and current that you want during charging. i think someone posted a copy in another thread, hopefully it would turn up with a forum search.

The diagram is showing a voltage divider circuit using the two resistors, and the lower one connects to ground. It is not clear if that is already internal to the charger or if you have to provide it--but i'm guessing it is internal and they are just showing you the load impedance for the current that your contacts would need to handle (for sizing and selection of an enable transistor, relay or switch). e.g. 12V/10k2=~1.2 mA, minimum contact rating needed.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I don't get the 5K1 resistor why are there 2? Is one of them grounded? is the switch existing inside the charger? or is that my switch???
The resistors are inside the yellow area, which is in the charger. Just ignore these resistors. You supply the switch, and connect it to pins D and F of the control connector on the charger.

But be aware that there are CAN and fixed-voltage models. If you have a CAN model, you don't need the switch, and I don't believe that the charger's firmware will even look at it (but I'm not 100% sure). The CAN model won't do any charging unless you are sending it CAN messages every second or so. The fixed voltage models will only charge to one fixed voltage (so you can't add or remove cells to your battery), and you have to connect the switch to start charging.

Without either CAN messages (for the CAN model) or the switch (for the fixed-voltage model), the charger will stay in the "initial state" and the LED will flash
red - off - green - off -... repeatedly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW thanks for that - I have a can controlled Model HK-J-H198-23
the charger was supposed to be set for a 140 volt battery pack and it was promised by the guy who sold me the charger that he would also send a Ligoo BMS to go with it but he is a conman and a cheat I do not think he will ever help me. it was almost impossible to get him to answer 1 out of 10 emails and he always answers with a 1 or 2 word answer.

I have attached the label dont know if that will help - It is my understanding that the company that make the TC charger never check there emails
Maybe I should right to them in Chines???

Right now all I can do is hope someone somewhere can offer the right advice
If I knew the Can2 codes maybe I could by a small device that could send the signal to keep it going ????

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds like a familiar problem... I too tried to order a TC Charger with CAN control so I can change settings, but I also wanted the Enable line as a failsafe. Turns out you can have one or the other, but not both. They sent me the Enable only charger, which is not as useful and would potentially overcharge the battery if the BMS weren't there to stop it.

If your charger is CAN only, you will need to change the settings with an appropriate CAN-USB/RS232 adaptor and some special software, the details of which I have no clues on. I wish I was smarter on this front.

But the easier option (albeit expensive) is to buy a ZEVA BMS and change the settings through the BMS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news if I can believe it - Miss Wendy Wu from Changsha Deligreen Power Co., Ltd. just told me that indeed you can use the CAN2 enabled all you need to do is "short the D and F" and don' t use the can wires

I will use the MYPIN coulometer

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DC-digital-power-meter-for-LED_60303247039.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.20083e5fK4bYkF

it is Awesome I found out about it from EVTV web site it can do many important functions and is relatively easy to set up. You can set the voltage alarm which in a sense is just a 12 volt signal to turn off the charger with a relay

I will use an active battery balancer with Bluetooth https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950724212.html

I will be able to see the state of each battery in real time with an app on my phone

BOY I got big dreams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts