DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Does it have a rectifier bridge on the front end under that white card? It might work DC or AC, since it looks like a EMI filter network at the upper edge from the fuse to the white cover. Is there an interlock switch inside the blue connector?

OTP pad = One time program? What is the microcontroller--maybe just solder on a blank one and roll your own code.

what traffic do you see on the TxRx? i think Collin is right, looks like you will slam dunk this one with the original board.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Installed and got mine running this evening. At first pass it seems to auto-ramp the voltage based on demanded load. I was seeing about .5-.7V more after turning on headlights, high beams and heated seats in my conversion car.

I wasn’t measuring coolant temp rise but after 45 minutes with all of the above and the stereo on loudly, drawing close to 1000W total (back calculated from my HV pack BMS), I couldn’t tell a difference in coolant temp from ambient with my fingers, which are not exactly a calibrated instrument.

Super happy with this! Sure beats the previous meanwell converter.
That is great to hear, thanks for sharing your experience.

The pages of the myleaf forum are littered with thousands of postings of problems and issues caused by a weak 12V aux battery; most of this seems to be premature failure due to sulfation.

The leaf dc/dc profile goes up the 14.4 for a brief couple of minutes after starting, then drops and holds at 13.2VDC. 18 to 36 months of this cycle results in a sulfated aux that no longer performs as needed.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Do you have a sketch or diagram of the circuit--i would have guessed this was after the FBR and used for PFC (Power Factor Correction).

Where are the 3 chokes you refer? Again a diagram is really needed to discuss anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.