DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

after not converting a car for 7 years, I wanted the best possible motor for my 2nd conversion and started to dig into Teslas CAN bus and learned how to control their drive units.
To make the registration progress in Germany a bit simpler, I am using an off-the-shelf, custom programmable industrial grade CAN-ECU, which has the Hardware approval in Europe (E12) and usually is used in heavy duty off-road machines.

As the Drive Unit is not being modified in any way, the ECU just simulates the rest of the Model S and as it has the E-certificate, the approval in Europe should be pretty straight forward.

I will be using the small drive unit in my Delorean conversion, but we also tested the controller with the other Tesla Drive units and all tests have been successful, up to the 475 kW, 650 Nm Performance Drive Unit :)
All Drive and regen limits can be customized of course and we are working on implementing the HV Relais and recharge relay control.

We have some limited number of drive units in stock at the moment and are also selling the ones, we tested on.

If anyone is interested, just drop me a message..

·
Registered
Plymouth laser 4g63t on the front tesla large drive unit on the back
5 Posts
I'm interested how much for a models s big spot drive unit shipet to south texas

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are three different big Drive Unit types:
  • Base 330 kW; 450 Nm
  • Sport 400 kW; 600 Nm
  • Performance 475 kW; 650 Nm
Prices for Europe are Base 5500 Euro, Sport 6300 Euro, Performance 8900 Euro. Average delivery time in Europe is 2 weeks at the moment.

Only have Base and Performance versions here at the moment, so Sport would have two more weeks delivery time.

Shipping to Texas seems to be around 800 Euro air freight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts