DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone found a manufacturer that makes connectors that fit on to the Tesla Model 3 battery pack, and motor coolant connectors.
I am specifically after the locking type like what Tesla use but I will be using my own hose.

Please don't bother replying saying "these might fit" or "have you looked at this company" etc.

I am asking a specific question here.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
The_Sasquatch has a post from May last year that should be everything you need for the battery side. Those appear to be Norma QC V2 connectors available from Schellen. Might reach out to him to see if it worked.

The motor side from every diagram I have seen compared to the fittings I physically have appear to be Norma PS3 NW18, on their website in the US a 18mm nominal width fitting is not offered, so it becomes a dead end.
If you are stuck on using the stock quick connect fittings you could always cut them off a stock hose with a razor blade (remembering there is a o-ring). It is a stretch but you can fit a 3/4" or 19mm hose on that.

ZeroEV makes adapters to go into the inverter for your coolant loop (19mm), but that doesn't help once you get to the heat exchanger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The_Sasquatch has a post from May last year that should be everything you need for the battery side. Those appear to be Norma QC V2 connectors available from Schellen. Might reach out to him to see if it worked.

The motor side from every diagram I have seen compared to the fittings I physically have appear to be Norma PS3 NW18, on their website in the US a 18mm nominal width fitting is not offered, so it becomes a dead end.
If you are stuck on using the stock quick connect fittings you could always cut them off a stock hose with a razor blade (remembering there is a o-ring). It is a stretch but you can fit a 3/4" or 19mm hose on that.

ZeroEV makes adapters to go into the inverter for your coolant loop (19mm), but that doesn't help once you get to the heat exchanger.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for this info.
[/QUOTE]
Check MFCP west scaramento ca

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts