DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have just purchased a complete Model X Battery for my Mini Moke conversion....and now I have paid for it, i'm thinking how the bloody hell am I going to get it home ?
Google tells me its 530ish kg, but I cant find the OA Dimensions so if anyone can advise me on that it would be great, as I am going to hire a trailer for a day.

Cheers,
SteveH

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
First, and I realize that you probably already know this, it should be identical to the Model S pack (of the same capacity... so presumably the longer 16-module pack). Since the Model S is much more common, most online information will refer to Model S rather than Model X.

I don't have accurate dimensions, but the pack is eight module widths long (at about 30 cm or a foot per module, so more than 2.4 m or 8 ft long overall) and two module lengths wide (at about 70 cm or 27" per module, so more than 1.4 m or 4.5 ft overall).

Just about any flat-deck or cargo trailer with a deck over 8 feet (or which can allow the pack to slightly overhang the rear) and sufficient weight capacity should work... if you have a way to lift and move the pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts