DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother recently wrecked his Tesla model y, and the repair cost is just Insane. It made more sense buying a new one, he bought a new one and we salvaged the battery pack and we’re looking to sell it to diy community

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
The drive units (possibly with suspensions and subframes) would likely be more desirable to DIY builders than the battery. The battery is the same as the Model 3, right? Four enormously long modules that won't fit in a vehicle being converted, unless someone wants to sacrifice the entire cargo area of a pickup truck, van, or station wagon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The drive units (possibly with suspensions and subframes) would likely be more desirable to DIY builders than the battery. The battery is the same as the Model 3, right? Four enormously long modules that won't fit in a vehicle being converted, unless someone wants to sacrifice the entire cargo area of a pickup truck, van, or station wagon.
the front end was really wrecked but most other components remains usable, so it depends on what parts you’d want
I am looking into building a 460-700v ("/-) pack large torque truck. I am interested batteries not frame etc etc

·
Registered
393 Posts
Prices?

You're supposed to list the price, according to the FAQ

There's also a classifieds section - this is cluttering up the builds section with a non-build thread...

·
Registered
2015 Via Motors V-Trux
2 Posts
Hey Tesla nomad, where are you loacted? and what's the capacity of the pack? I am interested in getting the whole pack for a build.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts