Let’s say you were lucky enough to be able to inspect a module before you buy.
How would you evaluate it the field?
The list might include:
- Physical damage, particularly noting the condition of the fuse wires soldered to the cell tops.
- Voltage? I’m not sure I see much more usefulness than a snapshot from this.
- Use a “pack sniffer” or other device to get more info?
We’ll presume that the vendor won’t allow a timed load test.
How about other concerns?
- Any way to ID when it was built?
- Are there any modules to be avoided? There are different revisions to the circuit board that is commonly replaced by 057, EVTv, or other aftermarket bms boards. Are there modules that Don’t work with these?
Many thanks for your replies.