DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
To be honest, im not sure that AMG /Cigarette boat ever got beyond someones CGI renderings . I dont think its ever been seen in public .
But the design concept and details are impressive,

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
To me it looks like the rube goldberg version of a fan motor. I mean I get having some redundancy, but they seem to have taken it to places it was never meant to go. two packs and two motors and controllers would do nicely (and be more efficient), but they have 12 motors and 12 "controllers" and there is another controller looking thing upstream from the controllers, perhaps to reconfigure the battery or something, and wires everywhere. I don't know if "impressive" is the word I would use, especially with the efficiency hit and over-complicated layout.
I think you missed the point..
They could have done many things differently, different motors, batteries, drive units, evn the colour could have been "different" :rolleyes:
....but the thing was a "showcase" for AMG/Cig" technology, ...deliberately laid out and presented to draw attention and comment.
If they wanted it to be practical and competitive, it would likely have had 4 Lamborghini 7 ltr marine ICEs !
Remember the OP was asking for ideas on how to couple 6 Tesla motors to one output....the boat was just an illustration to suggest how it could be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.