DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 71 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
You should reconsider using a motor in the transmission tunnel and keeping the Jag IRS. You see why I ended up taking the route I did with mine, the rear suspension problem is quite difficult to solve!

Good news is that four Tesla modules fit in the spare tire well and probably 12 under the hood (I have ten)

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Have you measured out the space on the shelf already? I thought about doing this as well but because the seat back is reclined and not vertical, it looks like stacking four modules is not possible without eating into the trunk space a bit more.

Very curious to see how it ask pans out! Wish it were easier for us to get together and share musings

· Registered
12 Posts
There is not enough space in the trunk for a module to fit width-wise, it is about 1" shy of being doable without cutting into the old muffler compartment (which is not the end of the world if this much fabrication work is already happening).

The old tank locations are indeed great spots for chargers and yes the gas door makes a great charge port 😉

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Awesome, looks great. Don’t forget to leave room in front of the engine compartment for the AC condenser. You might also want to make sure you box in the frame where the old radiator support was.

Can’t wait to see this thing running. How many Tesla modules are you running again?

· Registered
12 Posts
You're a mad man, nice progress. Two questions:
1) how much wider is the Tesla track than the jag track?
2) have you fit the Tesla brake booster yet? Keeping the original pedal linkage? How did you adapt them together if so? I have one in the garage that I’d like to install eventually as well but it’s low priority.

· Registered
12 Posts
Awesome. Did you try flipping the booster to see if it fit upside down without cutting the wheel well? It should work in either orientation. I haven’t gotten to the point of that yet as my vacuum pump works just fine. The Tesla booster is ‘cleaner’ however 🙂

1 - 7 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.